Flaherty presses provinces to cut taxes

Commentaire à l’intérieur


Extrait de: Flaherty presses provinces to cut taxes, Reuters, Financial Post, Friday, Feb. 25, 2011

HALIFAX — Canadian Finance Minister Jim Flaherty urged provincial governments on Friday to lower their taxes and balance their budgets as quickly as possible to enhance the country’s ability to compete globally.

Flaherty repeated his pledge to eliminate the federal government’s deficit by 2015 and said if provinces took steps quickly to do the same, the country would have the best fiscal standing in the Group of Seven advanced economies.

Oui, surtout sur le dos du peuple !

"If other levels of government implement their budget measures as planned, the total government debt in this country — all government debt combined — will also meet G20 objectives (agreed at the 2010 summit in Toronto," Flaherty said in a speech in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

"So like the commitment to keep taxes low ... this would result in a solid, competitive advantage at a time when other countries are struggling to get their fiscal houses in order."

He also pressed provinces to follow Ottawa’s lead in cutting business taxes. The federal business tax is scheduled to drop to 15% in 2012, and Flaherty hopes the average provincial rate will drop to 10 percent by then for a combined rate of 25%.

J’avoue que M. Flaherty est légèrement hypocrite, qu’elle est le poste de dépense qui augmente le plus rapidement dans les provinces.

Eh oui, c’est la santé, facile à dire, quand ce sont les provinces qui se tapent toutes les augmentations des coûts de la santé.

Flaherty said the only way to guarantee full funding for social programs like health and education would be for provincial governments to commit to tighten their spending now and eliminate deficits.

NO INFLATION CONCERNS

There is little concern about long-term inflationary pressures in Canada arising from turmoil in Libya and Middle East countries, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said on Friday.

"We watching what’s going on in the oil markets. I don’t think there’s reason now to have any strong concerns about any long-term effects," Flaherty told reporters following a speech.

"We’ll have to watch and see if there’s any significant interruption in supply. If there is, whether that interruption in supply is made up by others."


Le gouvernement canadien par une réglementation excessive sur la santé empêche l’efficacité de la gestion de la santé.

 

Les réglementations provinciales (voire la Loi canadienne sur la santé) interdisent actuellement la couverture privée des services de base mais aussi les contrats mixtes public-privé pour les médecins, d'où un monopole public de l'offre de services, notamment hospitaliers.

 

Il faudrait supprimer ces réglementations (ou modifier la Loi canadienne sur la santé pour favoriser une prestation plus efficiente des services et une extension des capacités grâce à Ventrée d'opérateurs privés.

 

Les réglementations interdisant la couverture privée  des services de base devraient être supprimées;

 

Suppression également de l'interdiction des contrats  mixtes public-privé pour les médecins;

 

Sources : Études économiques de l’OCDE : Canada, septembre 2010


Lectures complémentaires :

1.      Troisième facteur, la défiscalisation des entreprises

2.      Free Trade distort corporate tax